Marine City Maritime Days Festival
Marine City Festival Inc., was founded in 1982 and is dedicated to improving the community through travel and tourism. Each summer, they host the Maritime Days Festival in downtown Marine City. which started in 1979. They are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so all of the funds we raise stay in our local community.
Some of the events at the Maritime Days Festival
Chicken Splat Bingo. "A chicken is unleashed on a board with a grid of numbers on it, and the number on which it poops, it’s the winning one," according to the festival website. "As simple as that. Games will be played in the beer tent at random times throughout the day/night."
The second annual Gary Kohs Lighted Boat Parade is set for dusk, Saturday, Aug. 3. Jim Cottrell is organizing the event. Boaters who want to participate should begin lining up at 9:30 p.m. at Dunn's Marina on Belle River. The parade will motor upriver from the mouth of the Belle to Marine City Beach and back.
Art of various sorts always plays a major role in Maritime Days.
The Maritime Days annual Juried Arts and Crafts Show will be staged on the grounds of Marine City's historic city hall at 300 Broadway, coordinated by Chris Finsterwald and Sarah Polio. The show will be held on Saturday and Sunday. Annual Maritime Days Kids Fishing Contest for boys and girls ages 16 and under will be held Saturday, Aug. 3, 10 a.m.-noon. The Cutest Pet and Cutest Baby contests are chosen from photo's submitted May - July and winners will be announced prior to the crowning of Miss Maritime Queen, Friday, Aug. 2 at 6 p.m
Dates: August 2 - 4 2019
Time: Friday - 5:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday - 10:00am - 1:00am
Sunday - 9:00am - 6:00pm
Location: - Downtown New Baltimore
Cost - Free
2019 Maritime Days Festival Entertainment lineup
- Brent Mireau - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (Beer Tent)
- Groove Riders - 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm (Festival Stage)
- Paul & Oates - 9:00 pm - 1:00 am (Beer Tent)
- Ryan Day - 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Festival Stage)
- Blurred Opinions - 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (Festival Stage)
- Apple Jam Band - 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (Beer Tent)
- Time & Again - 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (Festival Stage)
- Toxic Candy - 9:00 pm - 1:00 am (Beer Tent)
- Old School DJ Entertainment- 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Beer Tent)
- The Dynasty - 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm (Festival Stage)
- MC Dance Studio - 4:30 pm (Festival Stage)