Jack & the Bear
Jack and the Bear is a Theatrical/Roots act and was conjured up by three siblings and close friends, their sound is often described as "Dark Disney"; and with influence/inspiration being taking from artists such as Tom Waits, Randy Newman and Disney Soundtracks themselves.
While this description appears surprising at first, the band’s music explains this comparison. It’s as if the music of Jack and the Bear is a modern expansion of the formula that has defined the music of Disney for decades: whimsy mixed with more fantastical elements to be mediated by sheer, undeniable musical talent. The band is collection of music minstrels who throughout their time as a self-managed (DIY) band, have performed at noteworthy music festivals (Bristol Rhythm and Roots, The Frendly Gathering, Nashville PAW Fest...etc), worked with Grammy award winning artists, engineers and producers (Oz fritz, Doug Sax, Mooka Rennick, Sam Bardfeld), had multiple works placed and aired on hit Viacom network programs such as MTV's Catfish & Teen Mom, formed their own recording studio niche in their hometown, and have enjoyed the past few years touring extensively across the U.S. anywhere they can to spread the word of "Jack" referring to themselves as "The greatest thing you'll ever see, probably."
- Gruesome Gruesome EP (10\2018) Bandcamp iTunes
- By the Book: Folklore by Jack and the Bear (4/2016) Bandcamp
- Dreams Get You Nowhere (1/2014) Bandcamp iTunes
- Praise! Holy Praise' (3/2016) Bandcamp
- Riddles in the Dark (10/2015 Bandcamp iTunes
- Sweeter than Pie (4/2015) Bandcamp iTunes
- Sue Ellen (6/2014) Bandcamp
- Dave the Devil (10/2013) Bandcamp
- Riddles in the Dark (10/2013) Bandcamp
- Back to Despair (9/2013) Bandcamp