338th Army Band
The 338th USARC Band, is a Army Reserve band with stations in Livonia, Michigan and Columbus, Ohio and provides music for military and public occasions throughout Ohio, Michigan and beyond. The band provides music of celebration and solemnity for many occasions and cover most genres of music. Their public performances are designed to entertain and educate patriots of all ages.
The 338th USARC Band was originally formed in 1943 at Camp Siebert, Alabama as part of a support group for General Patton's 3rd Army in Europe. The band was deactivated before overseas deployment in 1945. The 338th was reactivated in 1952 as part of the Second United States Army. Later, the 338th became part of the XX Corps of the First United States Army. In 1967, the band was reassigned to the 83rd Army Reserve Command at Fort Hayes in Columbus, Ohio. In July 1995, the 338th moved its location to Whitehall, Ohio near the Defense Supply Center, Columbus. In September 1995, the 338th was transferred to the 88th Reserve Support Command with headquarters at Fort Snelling, Minnesota. Subsequently, that command became the 88th Regional Support Command and then became the 88th Regional Readiness Command.
In 2002, the former members of the 70th Division Band (Reserve), based in Livonia, Michigan, became the First Detachment of the 338th. In 2006, the 338th was reassigned to the 310th Expeditionary Support Command, Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana. In 2008, the 338th was reassigned as a DRU to the 88th Regional Support Command newly headquartered at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin. At this time the 338th was designated as the only medium sized Army band in the Army reserves. This led to the band's official designation as the United States Army Reserve Command Band in 2012.