Rochester Music In The Park
The Rochester Kiwanas host the free summer “Music in the Park” series at the Bebout Band Shelter in Rochester’s Municipal Park
The concerts take place from 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. each Thursday through July 26. Concerts go on light rain or shine and are canceled in the event of a thunderstorm.
The audience, which averages about 600 people per show, sets up blankets or lawn chairs on the hill around the stage. Some bring picnic baskets filled with dinner, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, while others opt to purchase refreshments and concessions on-site — pizza, popcorn, ice cream and soft drinks.
Aside from music and food, During the intermission at each show, gift packages — featuring gift certificates and products from local businesses — will be raffled off, with proceeds going toward future concert series. The concert series, which cost the Kiwanis Club about $8,000 per year to put on.
Municipal Park is located behind City Hall 400 Sixth St. Rochester, Michigan 48307
Rochester Music In The Park 2019 lineup
- Thursday, June 13 – Midwest Dueling pianos (piano/vocalist)
- Thursday, June 20 – Sheila Landis (Jazz/Blues)
- Thursday, June 27 – Hackwells (Americana/Folk/Country)
- Thursday, July 4 – Russ Miller (Jazz/Orchestra)
- Thursday, July 12 – Surf Zup (guitar surf music)
- Thursday, July 19 – (Motown vocalist performing on the Voice)
- Thursday, July 26 – Rochester Symphony Orchestra