In the Tradition
In The Tradition” began in March 1993 as the Christopher James / Charles Hopkins Quintet. At its inception the band performed regularly at Drew’s pub on the west side of Detroit, and was recognized as a formidable Hard-swinging Bebop ensemble that was faithful to the classic Bebop tradition and also featured unique originals.
In 1997 the band was re-named “In The Tradition” and began to focus more on Afrikan rhythms and the music of the Afrikan Diaspora yet remaining true to the Bebop tradition, creating a unique mixture of Jazz and African Rhythms.
- Sirius! (2012) iTunes Amazon cdbaby Website
- The Tradition Continues! (2009) iTunes Amazon cdbaby Website
- In the Tradition (2007) iTunes Amazon cdbaby Website
- Fikira (2007) iTunes Amazon cdbaby Website
- Ancestral Alliances (2007) iTunes Amazon cdbaby