Harpos Concert Theatre
Harpo's was built in 1939 as a movie theater for the Wisper and Westman circuit, the Harper Theatre was designed by Charles N. Agree in Art Moderne style with seating for 1975. The theater was complete with an 80-foot vertical sign spelling out the theater's name. The Harper cost about $290,000 to build, and was at the time one of the most modern-looking theaters to open in Detroit. It was converted into a nightclub in the 1974, and in 1980 became Harpos Concert Theatre. Opening Night for Harpos was 01/31/1980 with Mitch Ryder headlining.