Downtown Detroit Summer in the Parks
Downtown Detroit is home to world-class public spaces that serve as platforms of excitement and entertainment for metro Detroit residents, visitors and businesses. The five Downtown Detroit parks — Campus Martius Park, Cadillac Square, Capitol Park, Grand Circus Park, and Beacon Park — attract millions of visitors annually.
There are over 500 events, most free, planned in the parks, including music!
Download Season Brochure
Daily, 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. May - October
The only urban beach in the region provides visitors and residents an island oasis set in the heart of Downtown Detroit. Grab a cocktail and snack from The Fountain Detroit, bury your feet in the sand and let the work week melt away as you listen to live Caribbean sounds. It’s a uniquely Detroit experience you won’t want to miss.
Friday Beach Party
Fridays, 5 - 9 p.m. June - August
- 6/7 - The Ark Band
- 6/14 - Universal Xpression
- 6/21 - Zion Lion
- 6/28 - Zion Lion
- 7/12 - Hurricane Band
- 7/19 - Roots Vibrations
- 7/26 - Roots Vibrations
- 8/2 - Flex Crew
- 8/9 - Hurricane Band
- 8/16 - Roots Vibrations
- 8/23 - Zion Lion
The park is located at the intersection of Woodward Avenue and Michigan Avenue.
Wednesdays, Noon - 2 p.m.
May - August
Enjoy live, acoustic performances by metro Detroit’s finest singers and songwriters, along with delicious lunch options from the area’s most popular food trucks and restaurants.
Grand Circus Park
Street Eats and Sounds
Thursdays, 7 - 9 p.m. - July - August
Savor the old world feel of Grand Circus Park during a summer music series showcasing the best Detroit jazz, classical, swing, and pop entertainers.
- Thursday June 14 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Alvin Waddles
- Thursday June 20 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Tamia
- Friday July 16 - 7:00 - 9:00 pm - Tenth World featuring Kevin Jones and Kelvin Sholar
- Friday July 20 - 7:00 - 9:00 pm - Alex Harding & Organ Nation
Fridays, 7 p.m. - Midnight - June - August
- June 7 - DJ
- June 21 - DJ
- June 28 - DJ
- July 12 - DJ
- July 26 - DJ
- August 2 - DJ
- August 9 - DJ
- August 23 - DJ
Saturdays, 7 p.m. - Midnight - June - August
A rotating list of local makers and entrepreneurs show off their goods as shoppers enjoy music from live, local acts or a drink and dinner from a variety of food trucks.
- Friday June 8 - 7:00 pm - TBA
- Saturday June 15 - 7:00 pm - Moon Taxi with The War and Treaty
- Saturday June 22 - 7:00 pm - TBA
- Saturday June 29 - 7:00 pm TBA
- Saturday June 22 - 7:00 pm - Tamia
- Saturday July 27 - 7:00 pm - TBA
- Saturday August 3 - 7:00 pm - TBA
- Saturday August 10 - 7:00 pm - TBA
- Saturday August 17 - 7:00 pm - Thomas McClary Commodores Experience
- Saturday August 24 - 7:00 pm - TBA