Concert of Colors
The Concert of Colors is metro Detroit’s free annual diversity-themed music festival. It is produced by the Arab American National Museum with partners including the University of Michigan Detroit Center, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Detroit Institute of Arts, Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, ACCESS and Midtown Detroit Inc.
The goal of this five-day festival is uniting metro Detroit’s diverse communities and ethnic groups by presenting musical acts from around the world. Over its history, the festival has become a beloved highlight of metro Detroit’s summer festival season, and one of the few free-admission music festivals remaining locally.
World music, including the indigenous music of the Motor City, is the major focus of the Concert of Colors, but not the only focus. The festival also offers ethnic food and merchandise vendors and the Forum on Community, Culture and Race. The Forum is a conference featuring presentations and discussion among artists, people connected to cultural institutions and community leaders to examine the role of arts and culture in overcoming racial and ethnic barriers.
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Friday, July 13, 2018
- Saturday, 14, 2018
- Sunday, 15, 2018
- Midtown Detroit
All Concert of Colors performance venues are located on or near Woodward Ave. in Midtown Detroit.
- Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Music Center (indoors and outdoors) 3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201
- Farnsworth & Brush Stage - Brush St & Farnsworth St. Rain Venue - Detroit Film Theater at Detroit Institute of Arts
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History 315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit, MI 48202
- D etroit Institute of Arts 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202
- Third Man Records 441 W Canfield St, Detroit, MI 48201
- Detroit Historical Museum 5401 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
- Michigan Science Center 5020 John R St, Detroit, MI 48202
- Scarab Club 217 Farnsworth St., Detroit, MI 48202
The Forum on Community, Culture & Race
- Arab American National Museum 13624 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48126